We often forget about the human component of software in the industry.
In an effort to challenge the notion that software is only about the tech, these are the things I try to bring to my collaborations:
- Communicate online like you would face to face
- Acknowledge that we're all still learning
- Diversity matters and starts with individual acceptance of difference
- When explaining, think back to when you were learning and explain it to yourself back then
- Empathy is crucial and should be practiced mutually during interactions with collaborators